[DRBD-announce] drbd-8.0.2.tar.gz

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Sat Apr 7 10:18:22 CEST 2007

Hi,

It is time to get all the post 8.0.1 fixes out of the door:

8.0.2 (api:86/proto:86)
--------
 * Removed a bug that could cause an OOPS in drbd_al_to_on_disk_bm()
 * Improved the robustness of the UUID based algorithm that decides
   about the resync direction.
 * Fixed the error handling in case a the open() of a backing
   blockdevice fails.
 * Fixed a race condition that could cause a "drbdadm disconnect" to hang.
 * More verbosity in we can not claim a backing block device.
 * More verbosity and paranoia in the bitmap area.
 * On some vendor kernels 8.0.1 did not load because of kzalloc. fixed.
 * Fault injection can now not only be turned on or off, but can be
   enabled on a per device basis.
 * Fixed the scripts and files needed to build drbd into a kernel.

The first on the list is the real nasty one. It might only bite you if
you do a switchover after a lot of IO-activity, and that IO must
be 100% scattered, no sequential accesses.  (the AL must be full)

  (Actually I am still impressed that this issue was triggered
   by an user at all.)

The bug of fix number two can be reproduces by resetting a SyncTarget
node, while it is in the "WFBitMapT" state. It is a small time-
window, but it can happen...

Nothing hair-raising, but users of 8.0.x should definitely upgrade
to 8.0.2.

http://oss.linbit.com/drbd/8.0/drbd-8.0.2.tar.gz
http://svn.drbd.org/drbd/tags/drbd-8.0.2/
http://www.linbit.com/support/drbd-8.0.2/