[DRBD-announce] drbd-8.0pre4.tar.gz

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon Jul 31 16:41:04 CEST 2006

The DRBD-8.0 code was under massive change again. Since bug-reports for
pre3 are completely useless by now, it is time for a new pre release.

8.0pre4 (api:83/proto:82)
--------
 * Added the "drbd-peer-outdater" heartbeat plugin.
 * New ("cluster wide") state changes. (Cluster wide serialisation of
   major state changes, like becoming primary, invalidating a disk etc...)
 * Write requests are now sent by the worker instead out of the process's
   context that calls make_request().
 * The worker thread no longer gets restarted upon loss of connection.
 * A testsuite developed by students of 'FH Hagenberg' was added.

Hopefully we really get into freezing the code base, and preparing a
stable release of drbd 8.0

http://oss.linbit.com/drbd/8.0/drbd-8.0pre4.tar.gz
http://svn.drbd.org/drbd/tags/drbd-8.0pre4/

Please do:
 * stress tests
    IO pressure, memory pressure etc...

 * coverage tests
    Try to test all possible failure and recovery scenarios.

 * Performance comparison tests between drbd-0.7.x and drbd-8.0.x

 * Put OCFS2 / GFS on top of it (still untested from my side)

Please send _usefull_ reports to drbd-dev at lists.linbit.com . Please note
that that list is moderated, and we try to keep the traffic there
quite low.

Send random observations regarding DRBD-8 to drbd-user at lists.linbit.com

Thanks!
-Philipp