[DRBD-announce] drbd-0.7.1.tar.gz

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Fri Jul 30 15:59:36 CEST 2004

Hi,

Here is the first update in the 0.7 series.
There where no really critical bugs found, although the missing handling
of the timeout and human counters in the meta-data makes the update
to this release highly recommended.

0.7.1 (api:75/proto:74)
-----
  *) Upgrade instructions for 0.6.x -> 0.7.0 and 0.7.0 -> 0.7.1
  *) Workaround for XFS' IO requests with page count of zero.
  *) Handle the human and the timeout count correctly in the new init script.
  *) The implementation of the incon-degr-cmd was missing, added.
  *) Longer timeouts in drbdadm for drbdsetup commands witch operate on
     meta data.
  *) New major number 147 (officially registered at lanana.org).
  *) Added a missing w_resume_next_wg() in case we stop syncing because
     of connection loss.
  *) Fixed a Linux-2.2-ismus in recieve_data_tail(). Should considerably
     speed up protocols A and B.
  *) Some work on vendor kernel compatibility

I have to stress that we got an officially major number, and that
we changed DRBD to use that new major number by default. See
http://svn.drbd.org/drbd/tags/drbd-0.7.1/upgrade_0.7.0_to_0.7.1.txt
for more details.

If you are upgrading from an 0.6.x release please have a look at
http://svn.drbd.org/drbd/tags/drbd-0.7.1/upgrade_0.6.x_to_0.7.0.txt

You can find the .tgz at LINBIT's area
http://www.linbit.com/29.html?&L=1

-Philipp