[Csync2] Query on Initializing the file table for csync2 database

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Sun Apr 11 18:16:53 CEST 2021

On Wed, Feb 03, 2021 at 08:00:59AM +0000, Ganesh Jayaraman wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> This is Ganesh Jayaraman from Gigamon. We use csync2 for synchronising files across group of hosts in a cluster.
>
> Members to the group will be added sequentially and we need to do the sync whenever we add a member to the cluster.
>

> Note :
>
>   1.  Cluster will have one master and rest of them will act as standby hosts
>   2.  CSync2 configurations are done as per the guidance given in the doc<https://github.com/LINBIT/csync2/blob/master/doc/csync2.adoc>
>        Before starting the first sync (ie. To the first host/peer that
>        is getting added to the cluster) we would initialize the
>        database on the master node (from where we want to sync to
>        peers) using the command csync2 -cIr -N <Master-Hostname> which
>        is in-turn creating the DB and tables

In the doc, as "bootstrappign large setups".
Could do with more obvious examples maybe, but it is all there.

initial setup:
  all-nodes: csync2 -cIr /
master-node: csync2 -TIXF ; csync2 -uv

adding a new node:
   new-node# csync2 -cIr /
master-node# csync2 -TUXIF master-node new-node
master-node# csync2 -uv -P new-node

> Whenever a new member is added to the group we tried to sync the files using the command
> # csync2 -N <Master-Hostname> -rx -P <peer-that-was-added-to-the-group>

You should not need to use "-N" at all.
That was introduced to be able to _fake_ a node name,
e.g. while trying to do simple test runs with only one node.

    Lars