[Csync2] Adding a huge amount of data to an existing csync2/lsyncd setup

Kevin Cackler kevin at techdaddies.com
Tue May 2 22:45:00 CEST 2017

What is the best method for adding a lot of data to an already existing
setup? I'm talking about 50GB here and probably around 60,000 files. If
I just add the files to a node in the cluster, it takes many hours for
the data to sync to the rest of the nodes. I would be fine with stopping
lsyncd on all of the nodes and then copying the data manually to each
node, but I'm unsure of how to then make csync2 aware of the new files
(And aware that the files are identical and OK for syncing).