[Csync2] excluding server from sync?

Prometheus Prometheus prometheus__0 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 11:54:17 CEST 2008

hi all

i try to create a csync2 group which syncs different directories to different servers
using google and csync2 archives i didnt find anything usefull on my problem

my config looks like the one at the bottom of this mail
the problem: while i try to sync httpdir to httpslaves and contentdir to contentslaves i get an error that for example: contentslave doesnt have %httpdir%
this makes sense, but i'm not sure how to solve this, cause i dont want httpdir to be synced to contentslave
i tried an exclude statement in hope the slaves will exclude the dir's by themselves, but the master excludes the directories and tries to sync the remaining dirs to all slaves

the reason why i try to group different types of hosts together is that we try to seperate the source code (and content) on different hosts, which is currently differentiated by the source code (or content) directory names
for example: images should be placed on server A, movies on server B and the corresponding source code will be on different hosts too, but it all belongs to the same project

the question: how can i prevent syncing a directory to a given server
in my example i want to prevent httpdir synced to contentslave1 AND contentdir to httpslave[12]
i tried with /dev/null which resulted in a directory doesnt exist error message on the slaves

thx for your time
[nick]

#myconfig
group PROJECTNAME
{
   host master (httpslave1) (httpslave2) (contentslave1);
   include %httpdir%;
   include %contentdir%;
   key /etc/csync2.key_PROJECTNAME;
   auto none;
}
prefix httpdir
{
   on master: /tmp/syncdir/PROJECTNAME/http;
   on httpslave1: /var/www/PROJECTNAME;
   on httpslave2: /var/www/PROJECTNAME;
}
prefix contentdir
{
   on master: /tmp/syncdir/PROJECTNAME/content;
   on contentslave1: /var/www/content/PROJECTNAME;
}