[Csync2] Establishing SSL connection failed

Michael Mansour mic at npgx.com.au
Tue Jun 24 10:01:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've built some new servers and installed the latest 1.34 of csync2 on 64 bit
Scientific Linux 5.1 (RHEL5 U1)

I've used and administered csync2 for many years on SL4 servers (RHEL4 based)
and never had any dramas. With these newer SL5.1 servers, I keep getting this
error:

Establishing SSL connection failed.

and synchronisation of files do not occur.

I have gone through the process of creating the certificates etc, and the
above indicates to me that the certificates haven't been put into the sqlite
database upon the first attempted sync, but I'm not sure how to resolve this.

Can someone suggest something please?

Running tests with:

# csync2 -vvv -T

and:

# csync2 -xvvv

shows me what I want to see (SSL connections ok) but files never synchronise
on the remote host.

Michael.