[Csync2] sqlite3 and _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Jun 19 11:15:40 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 07:07:30PM +0200, Art -kwaak- van Breemen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 06:21:31PM +0200, Art -kwaak- van Breemen wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 05:37:40PM +0200, Art -kwaak- van Breemen wrote:
> > > root at c32791:/extra/ard# csync2 -m -r  /extra
> > > Database Error: COMMIT TRANSACTION [1]: COMMIT TRANSACTION
> > After patching in sqlite3? text error meesages:
> > [18:09:45] Database Error: COMMIT TRANSACTION [1]: COMMIT TRANSACTION (cannot commit transaction - SQL statements in progress)
> > While sqlite != 3 works...
> >
> > Does that mean that sqlite3 does not allow nested multiple
> > transactions on a single database handle?
> Allright: the commit transaction must be retried until it
> succeeds. The commit is actuallly waiting until the select
> finishes. The select is just iterating through 250k files.
> This results in a 250kb journal. Committing the journal takes not
> that much time.
> Besides that: with the -B option, the transactions are also
> logged to the journal until the select finishes.
> With sqlite < 3, the journal is committed every 1000
> transactions, which is a good thing, because it seems the journal
> can get very big.

Thank you so much for all the effort!
I'm going to "new feature"-commit it later today, after a brief glance
over the patch, so it will be easier for others to just "svn up", and
try ("others": please actually _do_ try, and report any problems you
encounter).
review and some testing on our part will happen earliest next week,
though.  any problems found will then go into bug-fixing commits on top
of that.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-55 :