[DRBD-user] Error message: Failed to create meta-data for DRBD volume

Gábor Hernádi gabor.hernadi at linbit.com
Mon May 13 16:08:08 CEST 2019

Hello,

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:56 PM Daniel Ulman <dulman at sacme.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi Gabor,
>

> Thank you for your answer
>

> My linstor-controller is not in a dedicated machine.

Fine. That does not really change anything.

> It is a combined node. And it is in this node where I have the problems of
> my original question.

The reason you are having issues on this machine is NOT related to the fact
that a controller runs on it. From what you have shown so far, for me it
looks like a simple misconfiguration of your DRBD-setup on that machine.

> In the satellite nodes, despite the missing line in the configuration
> file, no error occurs.

That indeed sounds strange. If a satellite (once again, regardless where
the controller runs) has not the DRBD configuration I mentioned, 'drbdadm
<resource-name> status' (or any other sub-command) should not find the
resource, thus linstor should fail in deploying that resource.

> Can I have a controller + satellite in the same node running at the same
> time?
>
> If so, how do I solve the problem in this combined node?

Yes, we are testing with both setups, dedicated controller but also
controller + satellite combined node.

Did you only check the drbd.conf or also the
/etc/drbd.d/linstor-resources.res ?

Best regards,
Gabor