[DRBD-user] Error message: Failed to create meta-data for DRBD volume

Daniel Ulman dulman at sacme.com.ar
Wed May 8 20:24:43 CEST 2019

Hi Gianni,

Thank you for your answer.

> Is this a problem occuring only on resource vm-100-disk-1/0 or it happens also with any newly created resources on the same node ?

No, the problem occurs with any resource that is created in the controlling node

> Have you tried managing this resource by other means, like by using drbdtop or drbdadm commands ?

Yes, drbdadm always say:

    no resources defined!

despite the resource definition file is there:

    /var/lib/linstor.d/vm-100-disk-1.res

> It might be obvious but, have you tried restarting linstor-controller and then after the linstor-satellite service ?

Yes, I tried but there was no difference.

> I would also try to create a resource directly via linstor cli rather than via pve, just to see if there's any difference

I tried to create a resource directly from cli, but there was no difference.

Regards,

Daniel