[DRBD-user] windrbd system crash when secondary server fail

Johannes Thoma johannes at johannesthoma.com
Mon Mar 11 18:58:58 CET 2019

Hi Kamal,

Thank you for your bug report concerning WinDRBD. Sorry for
the late answer I was on vacation last week.

> i have two windows 2016 standard server.
> when data coming in flow on primary, i failed my secondary server.
> result my primary server crash and reboot.

How exactly did you fail the secondary server? Was it a
hard reboot, unplug network cable, disk failure, ...

What I see is that the network connection was interrupted
in a unclean way (that is, no drbdadm disconnect, drbdadm down),
right?

Which WinDRBD version are you using (please post drbdadm --version
when the driver has been loaded).

I will try to reproduce the issue and see if we can fix it
for the next release.

Thanks a lot,

- Johannes