[DRBD-user] PingAck did not arrive in time.

Oleksiy Evin o.evin at onefc.com
Tue Jun 25 06:00:39 CEST 2019

We have several hundred projects under this storage, so theoretically we can do the split if required. However, could you please clarify, what are the limitations/drawbacks of a single volume use? As I've mentioned we were able to achieve stable 12Gbps replication sync, which is equal to SAS HBA throughput where the HDD enclosures connected to. Our original plan was to expand this volume to 8 enclosures (872TiB), which is our maximum for a single controller port on the hardware level, then introduce another volume.

As a side note, we were able to run DRBD9 for some time with 3 nodes, even before you adjusted drbdmeta size limitation. It looks like you do not perform the meta size check while extending DRBD volume online with drbdadm resize. Everything worked fine until we rebooted the node to apply some system updates, then we got drbdmeta size error and had to downgrade to DRBD 8, and 2 nodes setup.
I'll give another try with increased "ping-timeout" shortly and let you know if it resolved the problem. Anyway, thank you for all your assistance!