[DRBD-user] opennebula cannot create datablock inside image datatore

Gábor Hernádi gabor.hernadi at linbit.com
Thu Jun 6 15:24:15 CEST 2019

>     checkDeleted                             N
> com.linbit.linstor.VolumeDefinitionData:353
>
>     getVolumeSize                            N
> com.linbit.linstor.VolumeDefinitionData:206
>
>     getReservedCapacity                      N
> com.linbit.linstor.FreeSpaceMgr:200

Hello,

thanks for the report.
We are aware that we do have a bug somewhere in the FreeSpaceMgr (as shown
in the partially quoted stacktrace).

However, as explained in [1], this is just a symptom. As long as we cannot
find the actual cause (or multiple causes of course :) ), its hard for us
to fix something like this.

This might be a race condition, but also something reproducible, once you
know how :)
For now, it would help us if you can tell us what you were doing BEFORE
that exception happened (before the auto-place command was executed)

As a workaround for now, you can simply restart the controller, that cleans
the internal "pending" list of the FreeSpaceMgr (see [1] for more details)

[1]
https://github.com/LINBIT/linstor-server/issues/57#issuecomment-498220400

Best regards,
Gabor