[DRBD-user] disk-timeout and on-io-error safe usage

Andreas Pflug pgadmin at pse-consulting.de
Tue Jul 9 10:08:18 CEST 2019

Reading the docs, it is not clear to me when on-io-error is triggered,
i.e. if it depends on disk-timeout or not.

If it does depend on disk-timeout, the warning about post-near-mortem
DMA transfers corrupting buffers will probably apply, thus leaving
call-local-io-error forcing a reboot the only safe option.

I'd like to stop a node before the net timeout elapses, to prevent a
dual-primary setup getting a split-brain condition, so waiting for lower
levels to signal failure takes too long.

Regards,
Andreas