roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed Jan 16 15:12:15 CET 2019
Hi DRBD users,
This release contains mainly "infrastructure changes", but also contains some
bug fixes. These fixes are pretty specific (mainly stacked DRBD9 setups, you
want to avoid anyways), so there is no urgent need to upgrade immediately.
- We now use proper po files for i18n. This has consequences for
packagers. In this case it helps our Japanese translators, but it
might be useful for other languages as well. Regenerating man pages
will require "po4a". If you build packages from release tarballs, you
do not need this dependency. Man pages are included in the tarball,
and there is a configure option named --with-prebuiltman. The spec
file also takes a "--with prebuiltman". See the rpm Makefile target.
One should never build packages from the source tree (always build a
proper release tarball first), but if you want to build Debian
packages from a git checkout, you want to set
"DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noprebuiltman" to trigger manpage generation. You
do not want to do that, you want to build a release tarball first.
- Regression tests: While drbd-utils are implicitly tested by lbtest,
we can do better and integrated a basic regression test suite. If you
have old res files that segfaulted or triggered bugs, I'm interested
in these! The suite uses "clitest". If it is installed at ./configure
time, "make test" runs the tests, otherwise "make test" is a NOOP. As
always with software that was invented after the 80s, "enterprise
distributions" do not contain it, so I did not make it a hard
- There have been several fixes regarding stacked DRBD9 setups. These
were triggered by customers that use this kind of setup for a reason.
In general you really want to avoid stacked DRBD9 setups.
- "Breaking" changes: The output of drbdam --dry-run does not contain
trailing white spaces any more. This was a bug nobody cared about, but
it makes matching output in the test suite ugly/difficult. So if you
did depend on pixel perfect output of dry runs, adapt. :-). The second
change is that drbdsetup show --json (not to be confused with
drbdsetup status --json) generated a duplicated key ("disk"). Fix that
by renaming one of these to "backing-disk". Unfortunately this never
triggered a warning/abort while I implemented it and used "jq" as
"linter". As this was developed for the LINSTOR test suite, I assume
this was never really used in the wild anyways.
As usual, I hope this release does not destroy your kitten factory.
* i18n: use propper po files
* v9,stacked: allow node-id in stacked section
but one should not use stacked with v9 anyways
* dry run: remove trailing white space
This eases test integration.
Mentioned here because strictly speaking output changed.
* regression tests: if at ./configure time "clitest" is detected,
one can run tests via "make test". Target is a noop otherwise.
* drbdsetup,v9: fix wait-for (same patch as in 9.7.1)
* doc,v9: require-drbd-module-version-*, events2 --now --poll
* drbdadm,v9: allow stacked-on-top-of sections without address
* drbdadm,v9: bring up only the correct paths in multi-site scenaios.
* drbdadm,v9: fix parser segfault if node-id is missing.
* tests: require that they pass on release.
* drbdsetup,v9: fix key collision in show --json.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the drbd-user