[DRBD-user] Failed start mssqlserver in windrbd 0.9.2

Johannes Thoma johannes at johannesthoma.com
Mon Aug 19 14:51:20 CEST 2019

Hi Trevor, Hi John,

Am 19.08.19 um 14:27 schrieb Trevor Hemsley:
> On 19/08/2019 13:07, john smith wrote:
>  > Hi  Johannes
>  >
>  > Thank you for your reply.
>  >
>  > Is write error related to logical block size of the disk?
>  >
No, it is just that an IoCtl isn't implemented. Some of them
are undocumented that is what makes it hard sometimes...

>  > I'll wait for the news that the test passed.
>  > Can I expect it in the 4Q?

I will talk to Philipp Reisner when I am back from vacation and
see what we can do.

> Silly question - you had promoted the device to be primary before MS SQL
> Server started up? It'll definitely object most strongly if the resource
> is still secondary...
Hi Trevor,

Good idea but he most likely has. the E: drive would not exist if
the resource isn't Primary. At least in the 0.9.X releases of
WinDRBD

Best wishes,

- Johannes