[DRBD-user] Failed starting drbd after updating Fedora 30

Eddie Chapman eddie at ehuk.net
Tue Aug 13 16:16:15 CEST 2019

On 13/08/2019 13:16, Roland Kammerer wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:40:56PM +0100, Eddie Chapman wrote:
>> I interpreted the package "drbd.x86_64 - version 9.5.0-2.fc30" as being the
>> kernel module version 9.5, since what else is left after you've packages the
>> utilities and udev scripts? There's only the kernel component.
>
> Without reading the rest: no.
>
> There is no such kmod version. And most likely - I never looked at the
> Fedora packages - it is meta package that pulls in the user space. We
> (LINBIT) also provide a meta package named like this :-/ I don't like it,
> it confuses people. And here we have one more prove.
>
> I still assume the kmod comes from your kernel. Again, cat /proc/drbd.
> If that shows 9.5, then allow me to join your next time travel...
>
> Regards, rck

Ha ha ha, goodness me, yes I completely forgot the kernel component
versions numbers are 9.0.x not 9.x. The *utilities* are 9.x. For some
reason my mind has almost completely stopped seeing the 0 in the middle
for the kernel module after all these years. :-) A couple mails back I
even referred to the kernel module as both 9.x and 9.0.x in the same
sentence, I really am losing it! Apologies if I might have led anyone
else into insanity with me as well :-)