[DRBD-user] Is it free?

Brian Hellman brian.hellman at linbit.com
Wed Aug 7 19:17:23 CEST 2019

Greetings

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 10:06 AM Julien Escario <julien.escario at altinea.fr>
wrote:

> Hello,
> <cut>
>
> But as it's free, we'll have to learn most caveats (and there is) by
> yourself, debug by yourself and after that, if possible, contribute.
>
> So if you're askign for really precise questions, sometimes, someone
> from Linbit is kind enough to answer or is interested as your concern
> could also be a bug, but most of the time, you'll have to test and debug
> (your setup) by yourself or wait for the community to give you advices.
>
> Just to elaborate on this a little.  LINBIT is the company that develops
DRBD and LINSTOR.

We follow a relatively standard open source model.  The software is free,
but we do offer
paid support, consulting, and development.  We try to help as much as
possible on this list,
however we have "mouths to feed", so we have to put our paying customers
first.

That being said, the majority of our development and support staff keep an
eye on this list
and try to help when we can.

We always welcome contributions.

Coordination of development, patches, contributions can be posted to our
drbd-dev mailing list: http://lists.linbit.com/listinfo/drbd-dev Questions
and bugs can be posted
on this list.

Contact information for our paid for support/consulting can be found on
www.linbit.com

Best regards,
Brian