[DRBD-user] How to split network traffic on LINSTOR cluster

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Mon Sep 17 10:25:21 CEST 2018

On 09/17/2018 10:18 AM, Yannis Milios wrote:
> However, I'm not sure how to do the same on the existing VM/DRBD
> resources, which still replicate over the "Default" network ? Do I
> need to remove/add each resource, on each node,  or there is a smarter
> way to do it ?

The 'PrefNic' property can be set on resources as well to change the
network link used for replication

> Another thing that I noticed is that, the Diskless node (pve3), always
> connects over the "Default" network, even on the newly created resources.

Same as above, set the property on the resource in this case

> Last question, does "linstor-controller" VM need to listen on both
> "Default" and "nic10G" network ? Normally only "Default" net should be
> needed, as that's the one configured for "Satellite" <-> "Controller"
> communication. Am I right on this ?

Yes, this can be configured in the configuration of the connector in the
linstor controller configuration, (e.g. netcom/PlainConnector/bindaddress)

br,
Robert