[DRBD-user] Configuring a two-node cluster with redundant nics on each node?

Adi Pircalabu adi at ddns.com.au
Mon Oct 22 01:43:03 CEST 2018

On 2018-10-20 02:16, Bryan K. Walton wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 04:47:53PM +1100, Adi Pircalabu wrote:
>>
>> Why aren't you using Ethernet bonding?
>
> Thanks Adi,
>
> We are rethinking our network configuration.  We may do our replication
> through a directly cabled and bonded connection, and bypass our
> switches.  This would simplify our drbd configuration.

Bryan,
You can use active/passive bonding as already suggested, or even LACP if
you switches support it. For the replication link, though, if you've
only two nodes, removing the switch(es) from the mix and going back to
back using LACP is a sensible option, even if only for removing the
switch as a point of failure.

--
Adi Pircalabu