[DRBD-user] Linstor node type & backup

Julien Escario julien.escario at altinea.fr
Fri Nov 30 15:19:27 CET 2018

Hello,
I can't really find useful information about this in docs : what's the
difference between SATELLITE node and COMBINED node ?

In a recent lab, I deployed 2 nodes that are both in SATELLITE type.
And one node is also running the controller.

Everything runs perfectly (I have to specify --controllers on one node
but that seems normal).

So, what's the use for the COMBINED type ? Does it replicate the
/var/lib/linstor/ directory ?

And just to know : so far, I'm backuping the
/var/lib/linstor/linstordb.mv.db file. Is it sufficient to restart
another controller if the first one is down ?

Thanks !
Julien