[DRBD-user] Complete decoupling of LINSTOR from DRBD (Q1 2019)

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Nov 23 16:33:19 CET 2018

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 11:55:32AM +0100, Robert Altnoeder wrote:
> On 11/23/18 11:00 AM, Michael Hierweck wrote:
> > Linbit announces the complete decoupling of LINSTOR from DRBD (Q1 2019).
> > [...]
> > Does this mean Linbit will abandon DRBD?
>
> Not at all,

TL;DR:

Marketing:
	AllThingsNew Corp. announces that SuperCoolCocktailMixer will
	decouple the Mixer from the Cocktail part in Q1 2019.

Reader: Does that mean that AllThingsNew Corp. will abandon Cocktails?

Techie: Not at all, [long text]

Lars:
	Cocktails not longer required means
	SuperCoolMixer can now do *more* things, not less.

	SuperCoolMixer will be able to mix stuff other than Cocktails.
	But it can still mix cocktails as well.