[DRBD-user] Linstor-Proxmox plugin 3.0.2-1 on PVE 5.2-11

Wolfgang Bumiller w.bumiller at proxmox.com
Thu Nov 15 13:18:25 CET 2018

> On November 15, 2018 at 11:45 AM Yannis Milios <yannis.milios at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>  This probably has nothing to do with DRBD, better to confirm on PVE
> forum/ML.
>
> > Versions :
> > - PVE 5.2-11
> >
> > I'm using the latest versions of both LINSTOR/PVE, no issues here.
>
> Just a thought, I noticed your pve-manager version is 5.2-11 where normally
> it should be 5.2-10, if you are using pve no subscription repo.
> Are you sure you have not messed up package versions by switching between
> pve test -> pve no subscription ?

pve-storage >= 5.0-31 (on pvetest currently) received new methods to
request a path to a block device node explicitly for storages which can
distinguish between "URLs" (eg. rbd:pool/name) where qemu handles the
connection and protocol and local devices (eg. using the kernel's `krbd`
module). This is currently mostly to avoid the need to have separate
storages for KVM and lxc for eg. ceph.

There's currently no "default" fallback to just calling path(), therefore
the ABI version was bumped.

Depending on whether other storage operations need a device available
and mapped into /dev a storage plugin may now choose to defer doing this
from activate_storage() to map_volume(). Otherwise, it *should* be
sufficient to just call path() from map_volume() and do nothing in
unmap_volume() for many storages.

https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-storage.git;a=commit;h=40d698932e27ee94b5fa06330dbf07bc5d2815cc