[DRBD-user] linstor-proxmox controller toggle tests

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 17:37:39 CET 2018

> As far as I know, Proxmox does not need 3 nodes and/or a quorum, and the
> LINSTOR controller does not care either.

Thanks for confirming this Robert.
In my experience, Promox requires a minimum 3 nodes when HA is
enabled/required. When HA is enabled, and one of the 2 cluster nodes goes
down, then HA will not function properly, due to not enough remaining votes
for a working,healthy cluster.
Since LINSTOR controller functionality in Proxmox is based on HA (VM), that
will (indirectly) affect also LINSTOR availability, as the HA VM used to
host it, will stop functioning as soon as Proxmox cluster (corosync) looses
the quorum majority, hence my recommendation of 3 nodes.

Yannis