[DRBD-user] (DRBD 9) promote secondary to primary with primary crashed

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Nov 6 12:28:33 CET 2018

Note, just adding "--force" if DRBD refuses to promote
is usually a Very Bad Idea™.
Because usually DRBD has a good reason to refuse promotion.

And "forcing" the role change
does NOT magically make the accessible data any better.

On Fri, Nov 02, 2018 at 09:29:08PM +0200, Daniel Hertanu wrote:
> Hello Yannis,
>
> I tried that, same result, won't switch to primary.

Well, it says:

> >> [root at server2-drbd ~]# drbdadm primary resource01
> >> resource01: State change failed: (-2) Need access to UpToDate data

Does it have "access to UpToDate data"?

Why not?

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed