[DRBD-user] drbdmanage & dbus: object path contains invalid character

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Wed May 30 16:21:30 CEST 2018

On 05/30/2018 03:00 PM, Wolfgang Walkowiak wrote:
> But as you say, you'll replace drbdmanage by LINSTOR and therefore I
> won't ask for such a rename feature for drbdmanage.  But it would be
> great if LINSTOR will provide this feature.

It is rather unlikely that it will in the somewhat near future, because
the entire environment around LINSTOR does not support it. The rename
operation would ideally have to be atomic across the entire cluster. The
closest to this functionality that we might get some day would be being
able to rename a resource that is offline. Even that would be
complicated, because it may work on some nodes and may fail on others,
and the application would have to deal with the old and new identifier
of a resource while the change is in progress - requiring lots of
application code to deal with the transition, changes to the database
structure, etc.

> By the way, do you plan to provide a proxmox plugin for LINSTOR as well?

LINSTOR is meant to be a replacement of drbdmanage in all applications
where drbdmanage was in use previously, so there will also be drivers
that connect to LINSTOR instead of drbdmanage.

Best regards,
--
Robert Altnoeder
+43 1 817 82 92 0
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker