[DRBD-user] drbdmanage & dbus: object path contains invalid character

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Wed May 30 12:00:40 CEST 2018

Hello,

On 05/29/2018 09:29 PM, Wolfgang Walkowiak wrote:

> Et voila, the reason appears:
>
> drbdmanaged[38297]: ERROR      Signal creation failed, unhandled
> exception encountered
> drbdmanaged[38297]: ERROR      Exception: Invalid object path
> '/objects/assignments/monetbase2/vm-1801-disk-1': contains invalid
> character '-'

[...]
> It would be great if the corresponding developers of drbdmanage could
> have a look at this issue and propose a fix.
Thanks for investigating, anyway, our goal is to replace drbdmanage with
LINSTOR, including a migration path from drbdmanage to LINSTOR. This
will implicitly also fix the signals issue (those are called "events" in
LINSTOR), because LINSTOR uses its own protocol instead of D-Bus.

If there is a trivial way to provide a robust fix of the issue in
drbdmanage in the meantime, we will release an updated version of
drbdmanage.

Best regards,
--
Robert Altnoeder
+43 1 817 82 92 0
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker