[DRBD-user] Unable to init a node

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:46:03 CEST 2018

> Yes, I have three nodes :
> root at dmz-pve1:~ # drbdmanage list-nodes
> +-----------------------------------------------------------
> -------------------------------------------------+
> | Name     | Pool Size | Pool Free |
>                                     | State |
> |-----------------------------------------------------------
> -------------------------------------------------|
> | dmz-pve1 |   unknown |   unknown |
>                                     |    ok |
> | dmz-pve2 |   unknown |   unknown |
>                                     |    ok |
> | dmz-pve3 |   unknown |   unknown |
>                                     |    ok |
> +-----------------------------------------------------------
> -------------------------------------------------+
> But pool size is unknown, I have a VG named drbdpool

Check your /etc/ drbdmanaged.cfg file and make sure that the storage type
defined  there, is configured properly.
Is it thin or thick LVM? If it's thin LVM how did you create it ?

- The control volume is happy and connected to the other nodes?

> Yes
>   LV Path                /dev/drbdpool/.drbdctrl_0
>   LV Name                .drbdctrl_0
>   VG Name                drbdpool
>   LV Path                /dev/drbdpool/.drbdctrl_1
>   LV Name                .drbdctrl_1
>   VG Name                drbdpool
> root at dmz-pve1:~ #  drbdadm status
> .drbdctrl role:Primary
>   volume:0 disk:UpToDate
>   volume:1 disk:UpToDate
>   dmz-pve2 role:Secondary
>     volume:0 peer-disk:UpToDate
>     volume:1 peer-disk:UpToDate
>   dmz-pve3 role:Secondary
>     volume:0 peer-disk:UpToDate
>     volume:1 peer-disk:UpToDate
> root at dmz-pve1:~ #  drbd-overview 2>/dev/null
>  0:.drbdctrl/0  Connected(3*) Prim(dmz-pve1)/Seco(dmz-pve2,dmz-pve3)
> UpTo(dmz-pve1)/UpTo(dmz-pve2,dmz-pve3)
>  1:.drbdctrl/1  Connected(3*) Prim(dmz-pve1)/Seco(dmz-pve2,dmz-pve3)
> UpTo(dmz-pve1)/UpTo(dmz-pve3,dmz-pve2)

Yes, control volumes seem to be OK and drbd nodes too, but that's unrelated
to the storage which you have dedicated to DRBD (/etc/drbdmanaged.cfg). You
need to make sure that, that one is also OK.

> - You can create resources on the command line and assign them?
>
> I don't understand your question.
> I try to create virtual machine on one node of the proxmox cluster via the
> proxmox web interface.
> I need information on the pve storage.cfg

Before adding/removing VMs based on DRBD storage, you have to make sure
that DRBD storage works first. This means you need to check drbd pool
status, and use   drbdmanage add-resource, drbdmanage add-volume commands
in CLI to add/remove DRBD volumes. If that does not work, then proxmox gui
will not work as well.