[DRBD-user] [proxmox]Move disk to drbd storage fails...

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed Jun 6 09:30:36 CEST 2018

On Tue, Jun 05, 2018 at 03:46:10PM +0200, Christophe NOUVEL wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Our new 2 nodes proxmox cluster (PVE 5.2) + drbd9 (Linbit repository) works
> fine.
>
> But when we try to move an existing disk, from an external USB hard drive
> to DRB storage, we have :
>
> create full clone of drive ide1 (local-lvm:vm-107-disk-1)
> pong
> Operation completed successfully
> Operation completed successfully
> pong
> Operation completed successfully
> "." is not a valid unit!
> usage: drbdmanage add-volume [-h] [-m MINOR] [-d DEPLOY] [-s SITE] name size
> Valid units: pib,gb,kib,kb,g,mb,k,mib,m,pb,p,t,tb,tib,gib
> pong
> Operation completed successfully
> pong
> Operation completed successfully
> Operation completed successfully
> drive mirror is starting for drive-ide1
> drive-ide1: Cancelling block job
> drive-ide1: Done.
> pong
> Operation completed successfully
> Operation completed successfully
> TASK ERROR: storage migration failed: mirroring error: VM 107 qmp command
> 'drive-mirror' failed - Could not open '/dev/drbd/by-res/vm-107-disk-3/0':
> No such file or directory
>
> We found a similar problem here :
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2017-September/023679.html
>
> And tried to patch /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Custom/DRBDplugin.pm, but
> nothing changed...
> I even tried to hide this file, and nothing changes again??

1. Don't manually patch something
2. To me that looks like a bug that got fixed by now probably more than
a year ago, IIRC. Back then the bug was that this "debug output"
including '.' was printend on stdout, and then got mixed into other
commands.

So my best guess is you are using very very outdated versions.

dpkg -l | grep drbd # would help

Regards, rck