[DRBD-user] [proxmox]Move disk to drbd storage fails...

Christophe NOUVEL christophe.nouvel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 15:46:10 CEST 2018

Hi all,

Our new 2 nodes proxmox cluster (PVE 5.2) + drbd9 (Linbit repository) works
fine.

But when we try to move an existing disk, from an external USB hard drive
to DRB storage, we have :

create full clone of drive ide1 (local-lvm:vm-107-disk-1)
pong
Operation completed successfully
Operation completed successfully
pong
Operation completed successfully
"." is not a valid unit!
usage: drbdmanage add-volume [-h] [-m MINOR] [-d DEPLOY] [-s SITE] name size
Valid units: pib,gb,kib,kb,g,mb,k,mib,m,pb,p,t,tb,tib,gib
pong
Operation completed successfully
pong
Operation completed successfully
Operation completed successfully
drive mirror is starting for drive-ide1
drive-ide1: Cancelling block job
drive-ide1: Done.
pong
Operation completed successfully
Operation completed successfully
TASK ERROR: storage migration failed: mirroring error: VM 107 qmp command
'drive-mirror' failed - Could not open '/dev/drbd/by-res/vm-107-disk-3/0':
No such file or directory

We found a similar problem here :
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2017-September/023679.html

And tried to patch /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Custom/DRBDplugin.pm, but
nothing changed...
I even tried to hide this file, and nothing changes again??

Any idea?

  Thank you,

    Christophe.