[DRBD-user] linstor-proxmox-2.8

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Fri Jul 27 15:36:41 CEST 2018

On 07/27/2018 02:52 PM, Yannis Milios wrote:
> Did some investigation on the linstor side and realised as a possible
> problem to be the following:
>
> root at pve3:~# linstor r c pve2 vm-101-disk-1
> ERROR:
>     The default storage pool 'DfltStorPool' for resource
> 'vm-101-disk-1' for volume number '0' is not deployed on node 'pve2'.
[...]

Unless the storage pool is specified as a parameter to the create
resource command, LINSTOR will select the storage pool named
"DfltStorPool". If that storage pool does not exist on the target node,
then the resource creation fails.

I don't know whether or not the Proxmox plugin allows specifying the
name of the storage pool that should be used for creating resources on
each node. If it doesn't, then whatever storage pool should be used by
Proxmox must be named "DfltStorPool", so it will be selected automatically.

> Where 'DfltStorPool' is being used for ? Is it ok to delete it and
> leave only 'drbdpool' as SPD ?

It is automatically selected if no other storage pool is specified.
Apart from that, it works like user-defined storage pools.

br,
Robert