[DRBD-user] linstor-proxmox-2.8

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 14:52:55 CEST 2018

One last thing I forgot to mention in the last post is ...

When creating a VM or CT via PVE webgui it fails with the below:

https://privatebin.net/?dd4373728501c9eb#FsTXbEfRh43WIV4q7tO5wnm0HdW0O/gJbwavrYCgkeE=

Did some investigation on the linstor side and realised as a possible
problem to be the following:

root at pve3:~# linstor r c pve2 vm-101-disk-1
ERROR:
    The default storage pool 'DfltStorPool' for resource 'vm-101-disk-1'
for volume number '0' is not deployed on node 'pve2'.
Details:
    The resource which should be deployed had at least one volume
definition (volume number '0') which LinStor tried to automatically create.
The default storage pool's name for this new volume was looked for in its
volume definition's properties, its resource's properties, its node's
properties and finally in a system wide default storage pool name defined
by the LinStor controller.
    Node: pve2, Resource: vm-101-disk-1

If I specify the '--storage-pool drbdpool' option on 'linstor r c pve2
vm-101-disk-1' , then the resource is being assigned properly to the
cluster node.

Could this be the problem that PVE fails as well  ?

Where 'DfltStorPool' is being used for ? Is it ok to delete it and leave
only 'drbdpool' as SPD ?

Thanks