[DRBD-user] Problem on drbdadm up r0

Marvin Forstner - EDV4BIZ e.U. marvin.forstner at edv4biz.com
Sat Jan 20 17:26:41 CET 2018

Hello,
we have 2 new Supermicro Servers with MegaRAID 9380-8e and 2x HGST 4U60G2

We have two server rooms and in every one is one Supermicro and one Storage.

We try to make with this Manual a completly live redundant server system.

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/DRBD

on the Servers is also installed the last Proxmox ISO: Proxmox VE 5.1 ISO Installer (3rd ISO release)
Updated on 21 Dezember 2017
Version: 5.1-3

But when we try the command: drbdadm up r0 we got this error on the Server:

Block drbd0: IO ERROR 10 on bitmap page idx 739801
Block drbd0: we had at least one MD IO ERROR during bitmap IO

And over SSH this:

root at vhost-dar-01:~# drbdadm up r0
0: Failure: (118) IO error(s) occurred during initial access to meta-data.
Command 'drbdsetup-84 attach 0 /dev/sda1 /dev/sda1 internal --disk-flushes=no --disk-barrier=no --resync-rate=30M' terminated with exit code 10
root at vhost-dar-01:~#

The /dev/sda1 is the 218 TB Storage Space on both server.

Anyone a idea? We have also a ticket at HGST and they tried also a lot.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with best regards
Marvin Forstner
Geschäftsführung / CEO
--
EDV4BIZ e.U.