[DRBD-user] ZFS storage backend failed

Igor Cicimov igorc at encompasscorporation.com
Sat Feb 10 04:39:41 CET 2018

On 10 Feb 2018 5:02 am, "Julien Escario" <escario at azylog.net> wrote:

Hello,
I'm just doing a lab about zpool as storage backend for DRBD (storing VM
images
with Proxmox).

Right now, it's pretty good once tuned and I've been able to achieve 500MB/s
write speed with just a little curiosity about concurrent write from both
hypervisors cluster but that's not the point here.

To complete resiliancy tests, I simplify unplugged a disk from a node. My
toughs
was DRBD was just going to detect ZFS failure and detach the ressources from
failed device.

Did you tell it to?
https://docs.linbit.com/doc/users-guide-84/s-configure-io-error-behavior/

But ... nothing. I/O just hangs on VMs ran on the 'failed' node.

My zpool status :

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        drbdpool    UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
          sda       UNAVAIL      0     0     0

but drbdadm show this for locally hosted VM (on the failed node) :
vm-101-disk-1 role:Primary
  disk:UpToDate
  hyper-test-02 role:Secondary
    peer-disk:UpToDate

and remote VM (on the 'sane' node from failed node point of view) :
vm-104-disk-1 role:Secondary
  disk:Consistent
  hyper-test-02 connection:NetworkFailure

So it seems that DRBD didn't detect the I/O failure.

Is there a way to force automatic failover in this case ? I probably missed
detection mecanism.

Best regards,
Julien Escario