[DRBD-user] umount /drbdpart takes >50 seconds

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Dec 14 14:36:04 CET 2018

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 02:13:50PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> On 12/14/18 1:27 PM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> >
> > There was nothing dirty (~ 7  MB; nothing worth to mention).
> > So nothing to sync.
> >
> > But it takes some time to invalidate and shrink 20 million dentries
> > and inodes and 13 million buffer heads and associated caches.
> > Also, cpu bound now makes more sense.
>
> Would you suggest to set cpu-mask?

That has nothing to do with anything.

Just do whatever you are doing
 a) *without* DRBD, then
 b) *with* DRBD.
Just make sure you do the same thing.

Then we compare apples with apples, and can talk.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed