[DRBD-user] linstor-proxmox-2.9.0

kvaps kvapss at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 21:26:13 CEST 2018

Hello Roland,

Thanks for announce, I just want to say, in docs said:

    systemctl edit linstor-satellite
    # Change the "ExecStart" line to include: --keep-res=vm-100
    # "vm-100", if 100 is your VM ID is good enough, remember, it is a
regular expression

This is wrong, because in this case you will edit file which is part
of linstor-satellite package and it will be overwritten after any
update:
   # dpkg-query -S /lib/systemd/system/linstor-satellite.service
    linstor-satellite: /lib/systemd/system/linstor-satellite.service

Systemd have special option for prevent this situation and allow to
override package's unit files,
basically just copy this unit from /lib to /etc before editing

    cp /{lib,etc}/systemd/system/linstor-satellite.service
    systemctl edit linstor-satellite

Cheers
- kvaps