[DRBD-user] linstor-proxmox-2.9.0

Roberto Resoli roberto at resolutions.it
Mon Aug 27 09:12:12 CEST 2018

Il 24/08/2018 10:54, Roland Kammerer ha scritto:
> This feature is documented here:
> https://docs.linbit.com/docs/users-guide-9.0/#s-proxmox-ls-HA

Hello,
I read and tried the described procedure, but my findings were not
positive. In two cases the entire drbd storage freezed and all vm were
stopped.

The main problem, if I understand well, is that even if proxmox plugin
does not manage controller vm anymore, controller vm storage depends on
itself. If it is stopped, or cannot be contacted, no corresponding
resource will be created, resulting in a deadlock.

In my view vm controller resource definition should not be linstor
managed, and defined externally, but I don't know if this is feasible.

---

Another possible approach that came on my mind would be to activate the
controller service on multiple physical nodes, using the proxmox cluster
filesystem[1] for distributing controller db/configuration and some
mechanism (like ucarp, (or maybe pveproxy[2]?)) for making its ip fault
tolerant. Once more, I don't know if this is feasible.

Just my 2 cents

rob

[1] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_Cluster_File_System_(pmxcfs)
[2] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Service_daemons#pveproxy