[DRBD-user] linstor-proxmox-2.9.0

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Fri Aug 24 10:54:52 CEST 2018

Dear Proxmox VE users,

we released version 2.9.0 of the linstor-proxmox plugin.

Changes in this release:
- switch to a more standard semantic versioning scheme.
- call linstor commands in a way that they generate text only output (no
  utf8, no colors). That makes (error) output in the GUI more readable.
- popper size reporting is now implemented, but for thinlv there is a
  small (and already fixed in git) bug that reports the whole VG and
  not only the thinpool. But with that being fixed in some linstor 0.5.x
  it will work in the plugin.
- fixes to allow execution of the linstor-controller within a VM.

The last change is probably the most exciting one, as it allows to run
the linstor-controller in a VM that is managed by the linstor plugin,
where the storage for that VM is on DRBD. Yes, a nice chicken and egg
problem. The benefit is that Proxmox's HA feature can be used to make
the controller highly available without the complexity of pacemaker.

This feature is documented here:
https://docs.linbit.com/docs/users-guide-9.0/#s-proxmox-ls-HA

And while it worked nicely in my lab, please note that this is a new
feature, so test that in a lab first yourself. And before you jump right
into it, please read the whole section, especially the end where
limitations are documented.

Tarballs can be found here:
https://www.linbit.com/en/drbd-community/drbd-download/

Code: