[DRBD-user] drbdadm resize - unrecognized option '--size'

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Fri Aug 24 09:23:58 CEST 2018

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 08:37:23AM +0200, Roland Kammerer wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 05:58:17PM +0200, Dominik Vallendor wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> > Could you please confirm this bug and fix the documentation/bug?
>
> Yeah, the arg-parsing is a bit weird on how/when it passes args to the
> underlying programs (i.e., drbdmeta/drbdsetup)... Most likely it will be
> an update to the UGs, let's see.

Okay, looked into it: When you loaded a DRBD9 module and therefore the
v9 part of the utils is used, "drbdadm resize --size=X" works. If a v8.4
module is loaded then the v84 branch of the utils is used, which
complains.

So, 9 is fine, and for 8.4 I'd say that is how arg parsing worked, it is
"established behavior". There are several commands where you have to
stop parsing via "--". So for 8.4 I just fix the documentation. UG
updates should be online "soon", man-pages have to wait for the next
real release.

Regards, rck