[DRBD-user] First test lab with drbd9 + linstor + Proxmox

Julien Escario julien.escario at altinea.fr
Mon Aug 20 16:24:11 CEST 2018

Hello,
I recently started my first lab to test linstor in replacement to drbdmanage.

My lab env :
2 Proxmox nodes with 128GB RAM, 5 2TB HDD and 2 Optane 900P
ZFS backend storage (for use with Optane as cache)
'Only' 1Gbps network card (probably the future bottleneck for sync)

It seems to be a really great piece of software. Adding a node was really easy
compared to drbdmanage.
Also, not having to deploy 2 LVM ressources for drbdctrl volume is a plus
because I'm using btrfs for the OS storage. So, no LVM at all.

Installation went fine. Just a little typo in manual, chapter 4.8 (Storage
pools) :
linstor create-storage-pool pool_ssd alpha lvm vg_ssd

The correct syntax seems to be :
linstor storage-pool create alpha pool_ssd lvm vg_ssd

Another one spotted right now : "6.5. Makinging the Controller Highly-Availible"
Should be 'making', I think.

I'm still missing a few things like ZFS Thin provisionning (When I create a
new disk, a full resync is initiated). Did I miss something ? Is it planned ?

Also, in my test, when creating multiple resources simultaneously, I ended up
with a disconnect resource at creation (probably because network hasn't been
reacheable in time due to interface saturation) :

vm-101-disk-5 ┊ dedie82 ┊ 7010 ┊  Unknown

vm-101-disk-5 role:Secondary
  disk:UpToDate
  dedie82 connection:Connecting

Is there already some kind of disconnect/reconnect command with linstore ? (I
didn't manage to found it).

Best regards,
Julien Escario