[DRBD-user] drbdmanage hangs frequently

dehacked drbit at dehacked.net
Mon Apr 16 18:44:22 CEST 2018

Greetings,

I have a small cluster used for Openstack (Newton on centos 7 nodes). I have 2
main storage nodes, 1 openstack controller node and 5 'diskless' hypervisors.
It's configured with the hypervisors as satellite nodes and the 3 remaining
servers as management nodes with the management volume, though only the 2
storage nodes actually hold the rest of the user data.

I'm finding that drbdmanage hangs frequently trying to communicate with the
service. Even 'drbdmanage ping' will timeout. Examining the service process I
see it apparently busy connecting to another host which is itself hung.

Any ideas what's wrong or what troubleshooting steps I should be taking here?

Thanks

drbdmanage version 0.99.14
kernel driver version 9.0.9
drbd-utils version 9.1.1