[DRBD-user] drbdmanage-proxmox v2.0

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Tue Sep 19 17:21:24 CEST 2017

Dear proxmox users & testers,

we have published version 2.0 of drbdmanage-proxmox, and we created a
publicly available, dedicated proxmox-5 repo[1].

As usual, we also provide tar-balls[2], and a git repo[3].

In this release we added:
- resize support
- creating and deleting of snapshots.

Currently it is not possible to restore from a snapshot via proxmox/the
GUI, there is a missmatch between how drbdmanage restores snapshots and
how proxmox expects it. Still, we consider creating (and deleting)
snapshots a good addition. These snapshots can be restored to a new DRBD
resource via drbdmanage, which already might save your day.

I would also like to ask you as community which features you would like
to see in future releases, except the obvious snapshot rollback
functionality.

While developing the plugin I noticed that I had to reload the pvedaemon
to re-load the plugin, you might have to do the same.

Best regards, rck

[1] "deb http://packages.linbit.com/proxmox/ proxmox-5 drbd-9.0"
[2] https://www.linbit.com/en/drbd-community/drbd-download/
[3] https://github.com/LINBIT/drbdmanage-proxmox