[DRBD-user] drbd-9.0.9-1 compilation error on centos7.3: Cannot use CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR_STRONG:

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Mon Sep 18 10:08:15 CEST 2017

On 09/16/2017 02:35 PM, T.J. Yang wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Anyone know how I can resolve this issue ?
> According to R1, we need to pass "EXTRA_CFLAGS += -fno-pie" option to
>  gcc compiler.
> Quick look at Makefile and drbd-kernel.spec, not sure where can I pass
> on no-pie ?
> R1: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gcc-defaults/+bug/1574982

While the source you referenced also contains the
CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR_STRONG error message somewhere, it actually
deals with this problem:

> the latest error logged is:
>
> /var/lib/dkms/nvidia-361/361.42/build/nvidia/nv-frontend.c:1:0: error:
> code model kernel does not support PIC mode

which you did not encounter.

The problems in your build were:
> Makefile:641: Cannot use CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR_STRONG:
> -fstack-protector-strong not supported by compiler
which menas that your compiler does not support
-fstack-protector-strong, so you will have to remove
-fstack-protector-strong or upgrade the compiler

> scripts/basic/fixdep.c:462:1: fatal error: opening dependency file
> scripts/basic/.fixdep.d: Permission denied

Also, your scripts/basic/.fixdep.d directory could not be accessed,
check permissions or override with privileges during compilation

br,
--
Robert Altnoeder
+43 1 817 82 92 0
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker
f /  t /  in /  g+