[DRBD-user] drbd cluster initialize

Roberto Resoli roberto at resolutions.it
Fri Sep 15 20:49:55 CEST 2017

Il 15 settembre 2017 18:56:02 CEST, Tsirkas Georgios <geortsir3 at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>Thank you very much for your answer.
>Another question is about Proxmox 5 and drbd9 module.
>I load drbd9 module with drbd-dkms package. But seems that it doesnt
>work.

What are the symptoms ? I have  recently upgraded to pve 5 my pve4 +  drbd9 and it works quite well.

>Someone have answered to me that drbd module for proxmox 5 is in to-do
>list,

This is the drbd9 proxmox plugin, which was far from complete even in pve4, but is still working under pve5.

>so i am looking for an alternative solution to work with drbd9 with
>proxmox 5.

Linbit repo for 4 is still working in my setup, even with some quirks.

>Have someone try it? If yes which drbd-module version?

I recommend latest from the pve4 linbit repo: drbd kernel module (via dkms) 9.0.9 , with Drbd utils 9.1.1 .

I am still using the default drbd9 proxmox configuration with lvm-thin backend. But with a little modification in drbdmanage to avoid faulty free space calculation . See this lists for the details ... (or ask).

Bye,
rob