[DRBD-user] drbd cluster initialize

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Fri Sep 15 15:08:48 CEST 2017

On 09/15/2017 03:01 PM, Tsirkas Georgios wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ι have a question about drbd cluster intialization.
> How i could check if the cluster is initialized?
One possibility is to run
drbdmanage nodes
on all nodes and check the output.

> I read that during the initialization drbd creates control volumes
> drbd0 and drbd1.
On the first node, leader/potential leader nodes, but not on any
satellite nodes that are added.
> The node which initialize the cluster always is the  Primary node?
Directly after initialization it is, but when drbdmanage is restarted,
another node that has the control volumes may become the Primary node
(the one that updates the control volumes).

Checking the status of the DRBD control resource (.drbdctrl) and its two
control volumes (.drbdctrl/0 and .drbdctrl/1) is also a good idea, just
to make sure all nodes are connected, and all volumes are attached.
This can be achieved by running any of
drbdsetup status
drbdmon
drbdtop (if it has been installed, as it is not included in drbd-utils)
drbd-overview (which has been deprecated and is being replaced by the
other utilities)

br,
--
Robert Altnoeder
+43 1 817 82 92 0
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker
f /  t /  in /  g+