[DRBD-user] drbd cluster initialize

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Fri Sep 15 15:16:36 CEST 2017

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 04:01:04PM +0300, Tsirkas Georgios wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ι have a question about drbd cluster intialization.
> How i could check if the cluster is initialized?

If "drbdmanage nodes" shows your initial node than it is ready.

> I read that during the
> initialization drbd creates control volumes drbd0 and drbd1.

Yes. And every node that is not created with "--satellite" also has
drbd0/drbd1 and a redundant copy of the control volume.

> The node which initialize the cluster always is the  Primary node?

No. On startup (if the control volume is not set manually to Primary)
one is randomly selected as leader. If the leader fails, another is
selected as leader. The leader is the one that holds the control volume
open for writing (== Primary).

Regards, rck