[DRBD-user] Promote client-only to complete node ?

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 10:14:01 CEST 2017

Usually when I need that, I live migrate the vm from the client node to the
other node and then I use drbdmanage unassign/assign to convert client to a
'normal' satellite node with local storage. Then wait for sync to complete
and move the vm back to the original node (if necessary).

Yannis

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 at 08:27, Julien Escario <julien.escario at altinea.fr>
wrote:

> Le 12/09/2017 à 11:39, Roland Kammerer a écrit :
> > On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 09:49:26AM +0200, Julien Escario wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> I'm trying to 'promote' a client node to have a local copy of datas but
> can't
> >> find any reference to such command in manual.
> >>
> >> I tried :
> >> vm-260-disk-1 role:Secondary
> >>   disk:Diskless
> >>   vm4 role:Secondary
> >>     peer-disk:UpToDate
> >>   vm5 role:Secondary
> >>     peer-disk:UpToDate
> >>
> >> This one is in secondary state (VM not running) so I could
> unassign/assign this
> >> ressource to this node without problem.
> >>
> >> But if the ressource is already in primary state, any way to ask for a
> local
> >> copy of datas with drbdmanage ?
> >
> > Definitely not with drbdmanage. You have to get that node in Secondary
> > state and then drbdmanage unassign/assign.
>
> Thanks for this clear answer ! Perhaps something to add to the todo list ?
> From my point of view, technically, nothing seems to block this feature
> but in
> term of code base, this is probably harder.
>
> Best regards,
> Julien Escario

Sent from Gmail Mobile