[DRBD-user] DRBD 9 and pacemaker

mdsreg_linbit at microdata.co.uk mdsreg_linbit at microdata.co.uk
Mon Oct 23 20:40:17 CEST 2017

I am setting up a test drbd 9 cluster with Pacemaker. The documentation
states that you can either use drbd as if it is a SAN or have Pacemaker
control drbd manually. I am using drbdmanage to handle the resource
creation and was hoping to keep everything as simple as possible and
have drbdmanage do most of the hard work and also allow automatic
resource promotion. At this stage, I intend to set up just an
active/passive cluster.

So far, I have zfs and drbd set up as I want. I am using a zfs -> drbd
-> zfs -> nfs configuration. So, for example, I have a drbd device
called vm-data-01 and I have created a zpool called vm-data-01 and on my
first cluster this has been exported via nfs. It works fine. I can also
migrate this resource to my second node and again, it works fine. The
nfs share also exports correctly.

My main question is whether or not this is the "correct" way to do it
and whether there are any serious pitfalls. Also, how do I prevent
auto-promotion of the drbd block device if the node I am migrating to is
not up to date?

Many thanks.

Martyn