[DRBD-user] Warning: Data Corruption Issue Discovered in DRBD 8.4 and 9.0

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Oct 23 09:22:10 CEST 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 05:54:35PM -0500, Robert L wrote:
> Greetings, I am a new member on this list and I've been looking into
> this problem also.  I understand that this is not a bug in DRBD, but
> that the resource usage patterns of DRBD can affect the outcome of this
> trimtester program.  My main goal is to eliminate false positives.
>
> I've implemented a different strategy for checking corruption with only
> some minor changes to trimtester.cpp:

Hi Robert,

hm, by now it should be obvious that we are not too excited about this
"trimtester" and its code quality. There are many sane tools out there
that have good code quality (e.g., fio).

And this really is not the "trimtester" mailing list.

So thanks, but I think it is better to send these patches to the
original author/make a pull request on github.

Thanks, rck