[DRBD-user] Warning: Data Corruption Issue Discovered in DRBD 8.4 and 9.0

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Thu Oct 19 11:38:48 CEST 2017

On 10/18/2017 07:32 PM, Eric Robinson wrote:

> Okay, here’s the latest.
>
> [...]
>
> However, there are no zeroes anywhere else in the file except at the
> end of every sequence.
>
> I guess it is safe to conclude that your theory is right. The file
> does not appear to really be corrupted. The TrimTester tool is
> reporting a false positive.
>
> --Eric

I think you mentioned that you had at least one C++ consultant look at
the source code of the TrimTester tool, and that it had even been
reviewed by Samsung engineers before, and that is the part that I find
most worrying.
Someone of those people should have seen immediately that the code looks
evidently suspicious in more than just a few places, and should either
have investigated or at least should have pointed out that the code may
be flawed.

br,
--
Robert Altnoeder
+43 1 817 82 92 0
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker
f / t / in / g+